Saturday, April 14, 2012

Assessment in E-Learning Week 5 Reflection

This week I throroughly enjoyed creating my taxonomy table because with a new position, this course is now a little bit more of a reality.  I don't know how much of the f2f class they are willing to transfer online, but I think that it would be a great way to allow for more flexibitily for busy first year teachers and could really allow for them to share their work and learn from each other.  I am still struggling with writing my learning objectives correctly in terms of degree, so I was very thankful for the opportunity to post my work and get feedback from my fellow students before turning it in. 

In terms of plagiarism, I think the more I require teachers to connect their assessments to the specific way things work at my particular high school, the lesser the chance of plagiarism.  Embedding the necessity of personal data results or a summary of their personal experience means that they cannot just google "differentiated instruction lesson" and use something they find online.

I am eager to continue to working on the final project and really try to use it as an opportunity to try to build a course for our new teachers next year.  We are finally hiring after 3 or 4 years of layoffs, so it's an exciting time!

Current taxonomy table for Final Project: Jablonski Taxonomy Table

No comments:

Post a Comment