Saturday, March 31, 2012

Assessment in E-Learning Week 3 Reflection

It was really interesting this week to see how predictions from 8 years ago came true.  Isn't it crazy how in 8 years time, it can be difficult to predict the future? It's a little scary and overwhelming that technology is moving that quickly.  It makes me a little bit afraid that I will never be able to keep up and will go from someone who is fairly tech savvy to someone who can't even turn on their TV without their kids help! (Yes, that is my parents...)
I think that the most interesting point made by one of my classmates was that mobile technology was not touched upon very much by Bonk in his 2004 article, but it seems to be at the forefront of most technology.  It will be interesting to see how the integration of Web 2.0 apps and smartphones and tablets will transform education.  I am a dedicated iPad user and it frustrates me that I cannot complete all my coursework that way because I am often times not at a computer, but always have my iPad with me and could read discussions and post more frequently if I was able to do it easily (sometimes it's possible, sometimes not) on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment