Saturday, March 17, 2012

Going to the Movies (Assessment in E-Learning Intro Post)


I've wracked my brain tonight for another favorite movie that would be a bit more socially acceptable, but I decided, I'll just say it...I love Pretty Woman. It is my "watch it whenever it's on tv even though I have it on VHS, DVD, dvr, etc." movie. While a movie about a prostitute who falls in love and makes good definitely won't be one I'll be able to share with my kids, Julia Roberts just makes me happy. I think in my early twenties I just wanted to have the fairytale and wear fancy clothes and go to fancy places because it seemed so glamorous. Now (as I sit fully content in my worn out sweats with plan to go to bed by 10) I think when I watch it, I see the young students I work with who are going down the wrong path and I hope that they will have some moment in life that changes their life and makes them want to live up to their potential. It's not a classic...but it is the classic romantic comedy, which I'm always a sucker for! 
Kim, IL 

No comments:

Post a Comment